Determining the risk factors for loneliness across the UK with good geography. Loneliness is a perception that is hard to measure directly. Our approach is using health data as an outcome measure of loneliness and treating loneliness as a hidden variable.
- Jasmine Grimsley
Generate a measure of loneliness risk for the UK with good geography and if possible information for different sub-populations.
The data will be used by the Loneliness team at the Office for National Statistics (ONS) to inform on loneliness risks across the UK.
Linking of large messy data-sets to determine rick factors for loneliness with fine geography .
- ONS Big data and loneliness teams
- Bath University (SAMBa)
- July 2018 Labour market statistics, cause of death data received and analysed
- July 2018 Develop list of approved loneliness-related drugs
- August 2018 Finish pipeline for postcode to graphics heatplot to allow mapping of address level data to Lower layer Super Output Area (LSOA) (such as number of pubs or libraries)
- August 2018 Health description data acquired, cleaned and analysed for Wales, Ireland, England
- August 2018 Finish pipeline for postcode to graphics heatplot
- August 2018 Hackathon Big Data, Wellbeing and Loneliness teams (bring three work streams together)
- September 2018 Go or No go decision: Stage 1 alpha model for linking social cohesion with loneliness disease
- October 2018 Handover
- December 2018 Add other variables if required
Please contact email@example.com for more information.
- No updates yet.